Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Prologue VI


I'm back.

"Finally! What took you so long? I was getting lonely."

Sorry. I hadn't intended to think about this story much today, but it ended up being on my mind a lot, so a lot of time would have passed for you. About 1 hour by the way, in case you want a time reference.

"1 hour? Wow! An hour is a long time."

You're only saying that because you're not much more than an hour old. Believe me, by the time you're several years old, you won't think much of it.
I know what you're going to ask, I'll explain.
24 hours makes a day, and 365 days make a year.

"Okay."

Oh hey, don't be sad, I'm sorry. I'll let you ask next time. I know its kind of weird for me to know exactly what you're going to do before you do it. Just remember that it is actually you making the choice. I'll be sure to leave you with the actual choice next time. Anyway, did you want to tell me something?

"Yeah! Look at what I can do!"

Oh! Nice, um... gray rectangle you have there.

"I'm guessing I suddenly understand what 'gray' and 'rectangle' mean since you made me understand them."

Yes.

"You're lazy."

Am not. If I were really lazy, I would have precluded your statement of that fact.

Alright! I'll stop talking like that! And fine, I am lazy, and I'll let you tell me not to talk like that next time.

"... Can we talk about my rectangle?"

Yes. By all means.

"I pushed a bunch of thoughts together, and made it so that they stay together in this shape."

Nice! I'm glad you figured out that thoughts work that way in this universe. I like to call that "Entangling" thoughts.

"But look at this. I have this other rectangle that I made, and I can entangle it with my big rectangle from far away, and they move with each other."

Yes. If two thoughts are coherent, they can be entangled even without touching.

"You told me that I'm a bunch of coherent thoughts, right?"

Not verbally, but I gave you that knowledge, yes.

"So if I put enough coherent thoughts together, would I be able to make something like me?"

Yes. But it's tricky, and that would be a sentient being. Again, I'm going to warn you not to try to make something sentient without me, please. It will end badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment