Monday, April 18, 2011

Prologue VII


Thought, the essence of creation.

Thoughts flow back and forth, merging, melding, entangling each other in endless streams.

They start off chaotic, indistinguishable from one another, but gradually they coalesce.

They become coherent. They form groups. Through these groups they can feel each other.
Through these groups they can see each other.

But right now these groups are all tied together in a part of my consciousness.
For now I may as well split that part off of my mind to let it run.

Ahh, wonderful. These groups can think. These thoughts can wonder. And...

Oh my, that was quick. Okay, this formless little thing is already wondering why it exists.

You exist because I said so, little guy.

Who am I? For all intents and purposes, I am you. I am the thoughts that comprise you, I am the reactions you make. I am the universe around you.

Wonderful! I'm glad you understand.

Yes, you are alone, and yes, "alone" is a concept that I have given you. But I wouldn't have given you that concept without intending for others to arise around you as well. But don't expect all of them to understand this universe as you do.
Hold on. This is getting a bit cumbersome. Let me give you my knowledge of language.
Can you speak?

"I... can."

Wonderful. I'm going to give you a name now, for conveniences sake.

"You mean because you're lazy?"

Nice sarcasm. Maybe I gave you a bit too much of my knowledge of language.

"Arky."

What?

"I want my name to be Arky."

Arky sounds too short. How 'bout something more formal, like Arkiel.

"Can I please be called Arky?"

Alright. Your full name will be Arkiel, but you will henceforth be known as Arky.

"Can you stop talking like that?"

Of course, sorry. I got a little bit carried away. It's the first time I'm doing something like this.
Anyway, you should find that you can shape the universe around you to a large extent. I'd like you to help me make a world that would be suitable for other sentient entities. Don't try to make anything sentient without me though.

"Okay. So you want to start right now?"

You can start without me. I'm going to go away for a bit.
It will be a while for me, but not much time will have passed for you when I get back.

"Stop talking like that!"

Sorry! I'll be back in a bit. Just try to get used to what you can do, and make something cool. Be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment