Friday, April 29, 2011

Prologue II


Arky, you should know that I already know exactly what you've done. I gave you a chance to fess up about it even though I knew you wouldn't. I also know you're pretending to yourself that you were just experimenting and didn't intend to ever bring that thing to life.

"I... I..."

Looks an awful lot like a cat, by the way.

"I'm sorry."

Are you really? That cat has a lot of thoughts in it. Maybe even more than you? When were you planning to bring it to life?

"I wasn't! I was just"

You were going to try.

"Yes."

Arky, I didn't ask you not to do this because I didn't want you to have fun and explore. I asked you not to do this because I wanted you to learn the RIGHT way to do this. This cat is pretty good though.

"Iris."

Oh? You've already named it? Well, Arky, this is the only being I'm going to let exist here that has the same power of thought as you, okay.

"You'll let me!? Thank you! Thank you so much!"

I don't know if it will turn out as well as you think. But I'm sure both of you will be fine in the long run.

Hey Iris! Wake up!

"Me?" Iris asked, "I'm Iris?"

Yeah.

"And I'm Arky! Welcome to existence!" said Arky.

Haha! That's cute! Well, Iris, I see Arky has provided you with basic language knowledge. I'm going to go ahead and give you the basic knowledge of this world that Arky has not yet given you.

"Oh!" Iris exclaimed.

I wish you had let Iris learn all of this information by (him? her? it?)self though, Arky, just like I did for you.

Anyway. It's time to make the main race I had planned for this world. Are you guys ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment